E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial may be one of the most beloved movies ever made, but don't tell that to Shea Dolan. The Billings West senior guard has never taken a liking to the alien, ever since she first saw the movie as a 5-year-old with her grandfather. When she asked her mom and dad if E.T. was real, they jokingly told her yes, and Dolan believed them until she was 12. Last year at the Eastern AA girls basketball divisional in Butte, Kylee Rux, a good friend of Dolan's, donned an E.T. mask and jumped out at Dolan in their hotel room. "I was so scared," Dolan said in an email, "but the whole team, myself included, got a good laugh out of it." Here are 10 other things Dolan thought we should know about her:
1. I was born on 9/11/2000. 9/11 was my first birthday.
2. My family is the most important thing to me. They have supported me in everything I do, and I can’t thank them enough for that. The reason I do everything I do is to hopefully make them proud.
3. I am ambidextrous. I play basketball, throw, kick and write left; I bat, and play tennis and ping pong right.
4. I love Montana. Hiking the 'M' in Missoula and taking a trip to Flathead Lake are two of my favorite things.
5. I enjoy running to relieve stress.
6. I am a health freak. I am very conscious of what I put in my body.
7. My family along with my cousin’s family go to my grandparents’ house for dinner every Sunday. This has always been special to me.
8. I'm just as competitive in school as I am in sports.
9. I love my yellow lab named Gipper and look forward to getting a new puppy this spring.
10. I’m excited to go to Poland this summer to meet Holocaust survivor Eva Kor and learn about the Holocaust.