The Grizzlies visited Northern Colorado. Here's what you may have missed from the tenth week of their season.
Montana QB Cam Humphrey made his first start in over a month and the 11th-ranked Griz shut out Northern Colorado on the road to improve to 7-2.
Montana's offensive line has been hampered by injuries, but you never would have known it by Saturday's dominating performance.
- BILL SPELTZ Missoulian firstname.lastname@example.org
The swagger is back for the Montana football team.
Montana kicker Kevin Macias was primarily a soccer player growing up but took a gamble by deciding to play college football. His journey has taken him to three teams, and he's now giving a major kick to the Grizzlies' special teams.
Montana’s game at Northern Colorado will have some Power Five flavor to it on Saturday at Nottingham Field in Greeley, Colorado.
Montana sophomore safety Nash Fouch is in his first year as a starter and has started in six of eight games this fall.
Under new coach Ed McCaffrey, Northern Colorado has its most wins since 2016.
Montana has persevered through injuries to key players to move within one win of playoff qualification. And it looks like the Griz may have to do that yet again this week at Northern Colorado.
In this Series
As featured on
- Week 9: No. 11 Montana Grizzlies host Southern Utah
- Week 8: No. 11 Montana Grizzlies visit Idaho
- Week 7: No. 5 Montana Grizzlies host Sacramento State
- Week 6: No. 6 Montana Grizzlies host Dixie State
- Week 5: No. 4 Montana Grizzlies visit Eastern Washington
- Week 4: No. 4 Montana Grizzlies host Cal Poly for homecoming
- Week 2: No. 4 Montana Grizzlies football hosts Western Illinois
- Week 1: Montana Grizzlies football at Washington
- Jeff Welsch: From A to Z, 26 reasons why ESPN’s College GameDay should come to Montana
- Week 11: No. 9 Montana Grizzlies visit Northern Arizona
- Week 12: No. 7 Montana Grizzlies host No. 3 Montana State in the 120th Brawl of the Wild
- Week 14: Sixth-seeded Montana Grizzlies host rematch with Eastern Washington in second round of FCS playoffs
- Week 15: Sixth-seeded Montana Grizzlies travel to third-seeded James Madison in FCS quarterfinals