The impacts have been felt in many ways over the last few weeks.
The Montana softball team was off to its best 24-game start in program history. Then the season was canceled.
As the NCAA continues to respond to the coronavirus pandemic, several rulings have been handed down over the past two weeks.
Many events have had to shuffle their schedule due to the coronavirus pandemic. The MTHOF banquet is now June 20 in Billings.
Would Belt and Roy-Winifred consider playing each other for an unofficial Class C girls title on a neutral floor? It's crossed a lot of minds in both communities.
Members of the team began feeling ill during a road trip through Washington, Oregon and British Columbia last week.
Dawson's softball team came within one game of the NJCAA World Series a year ago and was ranked in the top 25 entering the current season.
Coach Chris Stutzriem agrees with the decision to postpone, saying, “I think it’s what’s most important right now.”
MSUB athletic director Krista Montague said two players have since been tested for both influenza and COVID-19.
BILLINGS — Add the Montana Open Wrestling Tournament to the list of sporting events canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Big Sky mulls pulling plug on spring sports: "I think the immediate decision for us over the next 24 to 48 hours is what do we do with the remaining spring sports season and practice for the spring sports.”
The Spartans and Warriors spent Saturday on the bus grappling with the abrupt end to their basketball seasons. Their lives got crazier over the next three days.
MISSOULA — The University of Montana announced on Monday that the Grizzlies' spring football game would be canceled due to coronavirus concerns.
Following six presumptive positive tests for the novel coronavirus within Montana's borders, Gov. Steve Bullock on Sunday afternoon ordered schools statewide to close and encouraged limits on gatherings of more than 50 people.
Anyone who has left the Crow Indian Reservation and traveled to areas affected by COVID-19, the disease caused by novel coronavirus, is being asked to self quarantine for 14 days.
When the state basketball tournaments were cancelled Friday night, Forsyth was named co-champions and became the school's first girls basketball state champions.
BOZEMAN — Missoula Hellgate boys basketball players grinned as they walked off the court at the Brick Breeden Fieldhouse on Friday night.
Butte Central was one win from claiming its first state championship since 1992. Now the Maroons will have to settle for a co-championship alongside Hardin.
MISSOULA — Already preparing for a state championship game against Forsyth back at their team hotel in Butte, the Loyola Sacred Heart girls ba…
Feedback from coaches, players and fans ran the gamut after coronavirus forced the premature end of state basketball tourneys statewide.
After the state basketball tournaments ended on the semifinal rounds, co-champions were left unsure of how to celebrate.
BUTTE — Fairfield didn’t expect to win a state title a day early, but the Eagles now have a share of Class B’s biggest prize.
After four presumptive cases of coronavirus reached Montana, the MHSA said it had no choice but to cancel the state tournaments at all four sites.
The State C girls basketball tournament reached day two in Missoula this morning. Check back throughout the day for updates.
After dominant defensive showings Friday night, Billings West and Helena Capital will meet for the girls AA state title Saturday night.
BUTTE — When Jadenc Archilta talks about basketball and his Lodge Grass teammates, it goes deeper than finding success on the court.
Francis, a 1,000-point scorer, said she understands why officials canceled the NAIA national tournament.
Consolation and semifinal rounds of the State B girls basketball tournament are in Butte on Mar. 13, 2020.
The day after trying to save the upcoming women's college basketball tournament in Billings by restricting attendance, the NAIA on Thursday we…
The NAIA announced Thursday that it is canceling its winter sports championships, including the women's basketball national championship that was scheduled to be played in Billings beginning next week, due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The Big Sky Conference has canceled the remainder of its 2020 basketball championship due to coronavirus concerns.
58 updates to this series since Updated
- Montana High School Association suspends spring sports indefinitely
- Jeff Welsch: In Montana, no sports doesn’t mean no sports stories
- Billings radio station aims to 'give people a break' with classic NCAA basketball games
- 1918 Spanish flu put 'lid down' on sports and other activities in hard-hit Montana
- Play-ball mentality: Missoula PaddleHeads staying positive about June start date
- Montana organizations to receive more than $150K from Atlanta Falcons owner's foundation for COVID-19 relief
- Deer Lodge's Dakota Norris balances emotion and responsibility after state tournament
- 'We're cautiously optimistic': Missoula Marathon moves within 100 days until race amid coronavirus concerns
- The last mile: Rocky's Isaac Petsch finds closure on an empty track at West High
- After season cut short, Montana State women hope journey will be remembered
- COVID-19 puts a strain on recruiting for Carroll College coaches
- Billings-area golf courses altered, but not shuttered, by spread of COVID-19
- Loss of Missoula Youth Track Club season tough for kids and teen coaches
- Montana high school, college coaches in tough predicament with coronavirus pandemic
- Twin Bridges' final win of season provides happiness in abrupt ending