Brackets and coverage of the 2019 high school football playoffs in Montana.
The time-old adage that, “Bad things comes in threes” had a slight twist Friday night.
Miles City capped an undefeated season with a 35-7 win over Laurel in the State A title game.
The story of Eureka’s win over Manhattan for the Class B State Championship isn’t focused around injured running back Chet McCully, but the se…
Cody Asbeck leads Fairview to historic win.
- JEFF WELSCH 406mtsports.com
Jordan led 40-14 at halftime en route to history-making victory.
Follow along below with our reporters who are out covering the 2019 high school football championships.
After a seven year hiatus, the state championship game is returning to the Mining City.
MISSOULA — For the 10th time in school history, the Bozeman Hawks are headed to the State AA football title game.
- LUKE SHELTON 406mtsports.com
DILLON — Laurel's offense put the Locomotives in position to advance to its first championship game in 17 years.
SUPERIOR — Trey Green was at a near loss for words following Clark Fork's 8-Man football state semifinal win over Great Falls Central on Satur…
The Miles City Cowboys reached their first State A title game in nine years with Saturday's home win over Hamilton.
FAIRFIELD -- High drama was the name of the game in Class B as Manhattan scored with 29 seconds to play to break a tie and down Fairfield 25-1…
FAIRVIEW -- Fairview rolled past Fort Benton 48-8 and Alberton-Superior downed Great Falls Central 44-14 on Saturday afternoon to both move in…
JORDAN -- Thanks in large part to the Murnion family, the Jordan Mustangs put themselves in position to win their first state football champio…
All but one team is traveling less than 200 miles in one direction this weekend for the semifinals of the playoffs.
Eli Aby throws four touchdown passes and Eli Renner rushes for three scores to help No. 4 Laurel top No. 5 Libby 50-0 in the Class A quarterfinals.
Red Lodge got a little revenge and finally broke through in the Class B state quarterfinals.
- KYLE HOUGHTALING 406mtsports.com
HAMILTON — It was a 23-yard Rostad pass on fourth down that sparked Hamilton's first score of the second half and paved the way to the Broncs'…
DILLON — Playoff football returned to Vigilante Field on Saturday afternoon, and the Dillon Beavers delivered a huge win to start their postseason.
Billings West beats Helena Capital in the Class AA quarterfinals to set up a showdown with top-ranked Butte.
Bozeman beats Helena High in a defensive struggle to advance to the Class AA semifinals.
- JORDAN HANSEN 406mtsports.com
MISSOULA — Missoula Sentinel rattled off 24 straight points in the first half as the Spartans downed Billings Senior 24-14 on Friday night at…
One playoff opponent down, one defending state champion upcoming.
Multiple teams are crisscrossing almost the length of the state this weekend for the quarterfinals of the playoffs.
Editor's note: Will be updated as results continue to arrive.
- JOE KUSEK 406mtsports.com
BILLINGS — Alyas Wright couldn’t let the Bergens have all the fun.
- BILL SPELTZ firstname.lastname@example.org
FRENCHTOWN — Jace Klucewich didn't have better cleats than everyone else Saturday.
- KYLE HOUGHTALING 406mtsports.com
FLORENCE — It had been so long since Florence hosted a playoff game that it was tough to track down a definitive number to the drought on the …
BILLINGS — Even with the temperature at a brisk 40 degrees by the end of Friday night’s game, Connor Ryan’s hair was matted by sweat, which co…
HELENA — Helena Capital came into Friday night's playoff game against one-win Belgrade as the heavy favorite and 30 seconds into the action, t…
Wittman threw two touchdown passes and tallied two interceptions on defense in Friday's win, setting up a State A title rematch.
HELENA -- When the clock stuck zero in the crosstown football game a week ago, Helena High's Hayden Ferguson was distraught — all the Bengals were.
MISSOULA — Preston Jones is going to get three special teams helmet stickers next Thursday when Missoula Sentinel head coach Dane Oliver hands…
Follow along to see who's going the farthest during the high school football playoffs with our fourth-annual distance tracker.
- 2019 Montana High School Football Playoff Brackets
- Weekend in review: Week 10 of the 2019 Montana high school football season
- Weekend in review: Playoff quarterfinals of the 2019 Montana high school football season
- Weekend in review: Playoff semifinals of the 2019 Montana high school football season
- All 5 Montana state championship football games to be streamed on NFHS Network
- 'Together as one': Alberton-Superior co-op creates athletic success, community unity
- 'I've never seen anything like it': Jordan amped for shot at first football title vs. Wibaux
- 'It's just another game': Butte focusing in ahead of Class AA championship against Bozeman
- Bozeman defense dominates, offense comes up clutch in run to Class AA state championship
- Butte wide receivers remember community, focus on writing their own history
- 'I wanted another shot at them': Miles City, Laurel ready for rematch in state title game
- Alberton-Superior, Fairview square up for a (sort of) 2012 8-Man title game rematch
- Undefeated, for now: Eureka and Manhattan set to clash for Class B state title
- Rocky Mountain College welcomes 8-Man title game
- Weekend in review: 2019 Montana high school football championships